+ What is a call for papers and what are the ‘’latest research insights’’ sessions?
“Call for Papers” refers to a call for scientific paper submissions. The chosen papers will be presented during the latest research insights sessions.
The scientific committee will chose around 27 papers. There would be 3 presentations per room (main room and 2 additional rooms) and 3 sessions in total for a two-day conference. Each parallel paper session is usually 1h 30 mins long.
See our 2018 Program
+ Main steps to follow
- Send invitations to the academics you wish to include in your Scientific Committee
- Schedule a meeting with the whole scientific committee to discuss rules and deadlines
- Draft, publish and open the call for papers
- Close the call for papers
- Once the papers have been reviewed, send acceptance and rejection letters
- Authors confirm their attendance by buying an early bird ticket
- Papers are grouped by topics and a chairs of the session are assigned
See our acceptance and rejection letters of 2018
+ How to choose the scientific Committee?
The scientific committee, which will draft the call for papers, consists of at least 3 academics responsible for each of the three scientific divisions:
- Business & Economics
- Sociology & Humanities
However we recommend to have:
1 head of the scientific committee
2 researchers per division (law, business & economics and sociology & humanities
Note: at least one of the scientific committee members has to be from Vrije Universiteit (recommended department: KIN Center of Digital Innovation) See our 2018 Scientific Committee
+ What are the requirements and tasks of the head of the scientific committee?
- The main task is to do a general overview of quality. This includes making sure that the deadlines are met.
- Define the papers that will be presented based on the input of the members of the scientific committee and draft the acceptance and rejection emails
- Define the titles of each session
- Define the chairs of each session
+ What are the requirements and tasks of the members of the divisions of the scientific committee?
Draft the call for papers
Read the abstracts of their corresponding division and decide which ones will be accepted
The geographic location of the
See the score sheet used for Reshaping Work
+ What are the guidelines that paper presenters have to follow?
- They only submit abstracts instead of full papers
- They can send a maximum of 5 slides for their presentation
- Chairs are advised to lead the session in order to promote discussion and Q&A
- Presenters and chairs are warned that the audience is composed of people from diverse disciplines and industries, and that the goal is to
+ Dates and deadlines
- The call for papers should be open around 7 months before the date of the conference
- The acceptance and rejection letters should be sent before the sale of regular ticket and approximately one month after the call for papers is closed.